Thursday 19 January 2012

My Lovely Little Bureau

So, This is it!! a sweet little veneered bureau, rescued from a neighbour's house clearance.
She had been much used and was well worn. My other half kindly took her away and carried out much needed repairs...... I new she had potential, and I gave it a lot of thought.....

and came up with this makeover, which I hope you all like. It has a French theme......




I used green emulsion from a tester pot ( or 2) PVA and cream emulsion for a crackle effect on the outside. Inside I used some papers from a selection given to me and Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 shapeabilities for the front of the drawers. I coated it with a satin acrylic varnish for protection. I also covered a box with matching papers, which is sitting on the top.

It now has pride of place in our reading/ study area looking out to the garden.


So now you know what I have been doing.... :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment